Whiplash injuries can have serious health implications if not addressed when they occur.
Whether the injury was from sports, falling, or a car accident, it’s important the injury is evaluated by an upper cervical chiropractor within 30 days of the injury.
Don’t wait for the pain to show up.
In fact, pain and symptoms usually won’t show up until months or years after the injury.
Here are a few other important considerations if you’ve experienced whiplash:
- The injury is always worse when you are caught off guard, unaware the accident was going to take place.
- When the cervical musculature is not contracted or tightened, the joints are much more vulnerable to injury.
- When the muscles are contracted and tightened, joint stability increases substantially resulting in a faster recovery time.
- Women and children are more likely to be injured with a whiplash injury (compared to men).
- Genetically, women and children have less dense soft tissue (muscles, ligaments, tendons) which are used to protect and stabilize the neck.
We strongly recommend you schedule an upper cervical evaluation if you’ve experienced any of the following after a whiplash injury:
- Brain fog
- Memory problems
- Vision problems
- Difficulty breathing
Because if you wait, the problem will be much harder to correct in the future, costing you more money.